- Do I need a domain name before I find a host?
No. Most web hosts also offer domain registration services. MuliaHost Network Services offers free domain names if you buy 1 year hosting package.
- What should I do in order to use my already registered domain name with your web hosting service?
To set up the domain with us, add the domain through the Domain Manager section, contact your current registrar and set our DNS ( see DNS below).
You should set your domain name to use our DNS (domain name servers) and/or IPs below in order to have your domain resolving and working with our system. Our name servers are:
Free Hosting Ministry
- What is DNS and how does it work?
The domain name server (DNS) is the way that Internet domain names are located and translated into IP (Internet Protocol) addresses. Domain Name Server, a program running on a server which automatically translates domain names from http://www.domain.com/ into their correct TCP/IP addresses, eg 22.214.171.124.
- Can I keep my domain name if I move to a different host?
Yes. When you register a domain name, you own it.
- I have already uploaded my web site, however still cannot see it online?
If you have a domain make sure you have set our DNS (see above Question for reference). Be sure you have uploaded all your files inside the corresponding directory in your File Manager (see the Question below for reference).
- I signed up for your service and wasn't able to see my assigned subdomain/URL anywhere inside my Control Panel.
Upon creation of your account we have not assigned/created any subdomain. You should create one i.e. yourname.menjadi.com from your Control Panel, Subdomain Manager menu. Once you create a subdomain the system will automatically create corresponding folder inside your File Manager menu with the same name as your subdomain. Then you should upload your web site files inside this directory to have the site files set up correctly.
When you delete a domain/subdomain the system automatically deletes all subdomains, mailboxes, email accounts and corresponding folders of this domain/subdomain.
- I have created a subdomain however my subdomain www.subdomain.domain.com is not working! Why?
Our system does not support 'www' prefix for subdomains. You can visit you site by typing inside the browser just subdomain.domain.com or http://subdomain.domain.com.
- Do you have domain alias option i.e. two domains point to one and the same web site content?
Yes, you can point two different domain names to one domain only it is called parking domain.
Example: You own the business.co.nz and innovation.co.nz domain names. You already have a web site for business.co.nz, but you do not want to create a new web site for innovation.co.nz at the moment. By parking innovation.co.nz on top of business.co.nz, all URL requests for innovation.co.nz will automatically go to business.co.nz instead..
Parking domains must be registered domain names that you own and must be configured to point to our name servers in order to work. If you purchase your domain names via ourselves, we take care of this for you.
To park a domain:
1. Click on the Parked Domains button on the home page.
2. Enter the name of the domain that you want to park in the New Domain Name field.
3. Click on the Add button.
- What is the Domain Name Registration Process?
There are five (5) steps to follow to register a Domain Name:
1. Visit our domain registration then search for a Domain Name. If it is available confirm intention to register.
2. Select the registration term, and provide your contact details and DNS information.
3. Review the information for correctness.
4. Agree to the Service Agreement.
5. Provide payment information and submit your request.
- I don't have a Web Site; Can I still register a Domain Name?
Yes. You don't have to have an existing web site or be a registered business to register a Domain Name. You can register a domain name at any time and start your online identity.
- How much time do I have to wait after requesting registration of my Domain Name?
After you have registered your Domain Name and paid for it, it is reserved immediately. From then on, it is attributed to you and is not available for purchase by anyone else for the term of the registration.
The Domain Name then has to be technically available. This will happen within 24 to 72 hours later, assuming you have provided the correct technical parameters such as valid DNS servers.
- How do I know if I have registered a Domain Name successfully?
You will receive a confirmation email from confirming your registration details and member ID.
- How can I make changes to my Domain Names?
Go to domain.muliahost.com. You must login with your domain registration username (usually your email address) and password to use this. This function will enable you to effectively manage your domain name and make many changes. E.g. changing contact details. You will then be able to choose from a number of possible actions and be given specific instructions online on how you can complete any changes you need to make.
- What DNS servers do I list as authoritative for my Domain Name?
When registering a Domain Name you must list a primary and secondary server. If you do not have name servers or do not know what they are, you can automatically elect to have the default DNS servers listed. This is called parking.
- Can I modify the DNS server information?
Yes. Once you have registered a domain name you can edit your DNS server information directly through Domain Management. You then select modify DNS details and select the Domain Name.