- What is Web Hosting?
In order to have a web site on the internet you first need to have a web server. Unfortunately, running your own web server can be expensive and require a lot of know-how to keep it up and running around the clock. Most home networks don't have the speed or bandwidth to host a professional website.
Web hosting companies are basically real estate agents for the world wide web. They provide space on their web servers for you to put your website files and are connected to fast networks. Many companies also provide tools to help you enhance your website.
- Do you offer a control panel?
Yes we do. We offer state of the art control panel, Cpanel. We also have Cpanel XP theme installed as well as fantastico script installer.
- We would like to sell our products on the internet. Do you have software to help us do it?
You will be able to install shopping carts OS Commerce or Zen-Cart from your control panel. Our support staff can assist you in setting up your online store.
- What version is your Apache?
For Indonesia and International Server we use Apache version 2.2.xx
- What can I use to manage my MySQL databases?
The application that you can use is within your cPanel, it is called phpMyAdmin. You can find it by clicking "MySQL databases " in the cPanel, the link for phpMyAdmin is at the bottom of that page.
- Do you show any sort of ads on our web pages?
No - we do not show any sort of ads whatsoever on your accounts or web pages. You are in total control of that space.
- What version is your MySQL?
Indonesia Server: 5.0.51a-community
International Server: 5.0.67-community
We always do update our mysql version.
- What are the general support response times?
Support and Billing: Responses are normally within 24-72h or less (in work hours) but take up to 48 hours in weekend day. The issue you submit to our support may involve research or testing. Please have patience.
Abuse: It can take various amounts of time to properly research and resolve reports of abuse or TOS violations.
- What version is your PHP?
For Indonesia server: 5.2.6
For International server: 5.2.8
We always do update our php version to the latest and stable version.
- What are the support options?
We do not provide technical support by telephone because we give support wordwide in english and bahasa. Using our help desk system is structured to help you explain your problem clearly. This allows us to resolve it in a more efficient manner. We ask that you please search our site for information before you email our helpdesk. This will make service for absolutely everyone better and faster.
- I already have a domain, can I use it with your hosting? what are the steps?
Yes, if you already have a domain you can use it with our hosting plans. The first step is going to Order Page and selecting the hosting plan of your choice. Then follow the steps to the order form. Select "Existing Domain" from dropdown box "Domain Action:" on the order form.
Note this will not transfer your domain from your current registrar where you registered the domain, this will only transfer the hosting if it is already hosted. (if you need help please email email@example.com).
After you have paid for your hosting plan you will receive an email with all your login information to the server. You MUST also login into your domain control panel where ever you registered the domain and modify the NAMESERVERS or DNS to ours, our nameservers will be in the welcome email, you must make those changes in order for your website to be live.
- Do you support CGI/Perl? What is the path?
Yes, we do. The path is /usr/bin/perl and the version is 5.8.7 (Indonesia server), 5.8.8 (International server) and we update it as needed.
- If I buy a hosting plan today can I upgrade later on when my site grows? Will I get charged for upgrading?
Yes, you can upgrade at any point. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which plan you want to upgrade to, we will prorate what you have used so far of your current plan cost. No there is no charge for upgrading in hosting plans!
- What is the php memory size limit your platform provides?
Our hosting configuration supports 8MB php memory limit.
- My web site written in php have difficulty to display the symbols £, € etc. when text is called from data base? How this can be rectified?
Here are several things you need to set up to have pound sign displayed correctly:
- Inside Control Panel, phpMyAdmin should be set to the following unicode standard: 'utf-8';
- Meta tags on all pages should be:
- All texts should be imported in the databse using unicode standart: 'utf-8' as well;